Tuesday, May 5, 2009

day 2

Today I got to witness and be part of preparation for a game.  While people were being taped for different things like arch support, wrist stabilizing, and basic support of twisted ankles, I got to see how the different ways the tape was applied, in what direction, and how it took pressure off of certain joints that needed it.  I have been observing the use of the Stim. machine every day, and do intend to ask more questions about it tomorrow, because I have always been curious as to how electrical pulses can help relax and contract a bundle of muscle.  Chris allowed me to tape his ankle during one of the lulls, and so he walked me through how better to guide the tape so it didnt have creases in it.  He also started explaining the parts of the foot to me.  I completely intend to start doing a bit of anatomy homework every night, because once I understand the ways the body can be moved it will be easier for me to comprehend the individual muscles and ligaments that are impacted when a body part gets hurt.  I'm excited to start learning more things.

2 comments:

  1. Nice job, Leah. Isn't is amazing when you start to find real life applications for the stuff you have learned in high school? I am psyched for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leah, you're making me nervous. Not sure I want you "studying anatomy" at night! Only a few weeks to go. Don't get kicked out. Lots of love, Laurie

    ReplyDelete