Monday, May 4, 2009

day 1

Today was the first day of my senior project.  I started out by making a list of skills that I would like to cover while I am under the teaching of Chris and Kelly.  Chris and I also discussed my reasoning for choosing Athletic Training as my senior project.  He is now aware that I do not intend on entering into the field of Athletic training, but rather that I intend to use it to help me regain some skills that may be useful for my EMT basic test this summer.  I do understand after talking with chris that the two fields of care giving are rather different, but I intend to use all knowledge I gain during my project to better my all around care giving skills.   I later assisted in filling water containers for the various teams, and was then unexpectedly educated about how water is a small step of prevention provided by trainers, so as to avoid dehydration of athletes.  Once the flood of students began I tried to pay close attention to all of the different tapping techniques for the different injuries, as well as during the off time Chris had me review my taping on one of the interning Colby students, as well as relearning a little anatomy of the shoulder area and how to prevent anterior movements of the athlete.  It is clear that I am going to have to review my anatomy and tape jobs, but its all things I am very eager to re-learn and apply. 

No comments:

Post a Comment